Covid-19 measures to 27 April 2020
This is the latest summary we have of all the government initiatives to support business.
· Bounce back loan scheme launched with 100% government guarantee.
· Possible shape of Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme after the end of June.
· Abandonment of requirement for forward-looking financial information or business plans when applying for business interruption loans.
· Temporary ban on use of statutory payment orders and winding up orders for non-payment of commercial rents.
· Government’s business support finder tool introduced.
· FCA confirms three-month payment freeze for motor finance, buy-now pay-later, rentto-own) and pawnbroking agreements.
· One month interest-free payment freeze for high cost short term credit ordered by FCA.
· Promise from Chancellor of more detail on Self-employed Income Support Scheme in the coming week.
Full details in the latest briefing below